What is an Infrared Sauna?
An infrared sauna is a sauna that heats a person or people using heaters that emit far infrared radiant heat. They are different to a normal sauna in that they do not use steam to heat the air. Rather, they use infrared radiation to directly heat the person. The infrared waves penetrate into the body, raising the body temperature. This causes sweating which in turns eliminates wastes from the body. The infrared heat penetrates deep into pores and cleans out dirt and debris, as well as clearing the organs of toxins, and strengthening the immune system.
What Infrared Saunas can be used for?
Infrared saunas can remove the accumulation of potentially carcinogenic heavy metals as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, and cholesterol. Wherever toxins accumulate, the blood circulation is blocked, due to the acidic nature of the toxins. The saunas expand the clogged capillary vessels and dissolve the toxins into the bloodstream where they then leave the body through sweat, urine, etc. As well as this amazing detoxification, infrared saunas can also be used to help with weight loss, cardiac problems, skin problems, acne, and many other health issues. They are also fantastic for relieving stress.
Infrared saunas require 90 percent less energy than traditional saunas and also heat up much faster. The calories used during half an hour in an infrared sauna is more than what would be used by a person running for the same amount of time. An infrared sauna can be used by a person with respiratory problems as the air itself is not heated like it is in a traditional sauna.
Benefits of the Infrared Sauna
The infrared sauna has many health benefits including:
- deep relaxation
- reducing muscular stress, tension, and physical fatigue
- aids in increasing heart rate, cardiac output, and helps with faster calorie burning
- improves skin tone, texture, and colour
- allows for deep cleansing, eliminating impurities and removing dead skin cells
- increased energy
- improves healing time from injuries, as well as relieving pain
- by creating an “artificial fever”, the sauna actually improves the body’s immune system, as the function of the immune system is increased during a fever state
- increased muscle growth
- reduced cellulite
- raises growth hormone levels